My Blogger Translator

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Mattie's Carob Mint Cookie Recipe

I made these yummy treats for Mac, Maesie and Mattie. How do I know they are yummy? After they had taste tested the sample, I went by the amount of dribble, drool, whatever it is called pooling on the floor, as they each sat and gave me "The Look" - "please mum can I have some more".
Here is the recipe if you want to bake them for your four-legged family.


MATTIE'S CAROB MINT COOKIES
3 cups wholemeal flour (whole wheat is the same)
4 tsps. carob powder (DO NOT USE CHOCOLATE AS A SUBSTITUTE)
½ cup mint leaves - lightly packed
¾ cup water
4 tbs. margarine or oil
1 egg
1½ tbs. maple syrup
1 tbs. honey (optional)
Preheat oven to 190° C. (375° F.)
Combine all ingredients in food processor, process until well mixed, mint is chopped, and a large ball forms.
Press or roll on non-stick surface to a thickness of ¼ inch to ½ inch.
Cut with cookie cutter of your choice and place on non-stick cookie tray.
Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool and store in air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest