My Blogger Translator

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Playing and Big Bear California

Today, I've been playing with trying to make a new blogger template, as well as making a Christmas Pudding (that's a another story though - I'll tell you all about it in the days to come hopefully, Vlad is on annual leave AGAIN - my days or should I say my daily schedule changes DRASTICALLY - just doesn't seem right for me to be sitting here playing).
I took the photo in my header on the way up to Big Bear, California. It is so beautiful there, and the photo I chose, is one of my favorite photos. I think we were at about 6 thousand feet when I took it, it, I can clearly remember the quietness and the beauty. Heavenly.
Big Bear is only about 2 hours from where we lived in Fountain Valley, it's so easy to hop on the freeway and you're there before you know it. Winter is the best time to visit, there's always lots of SNOW and I LOVE SNOW.
I have so many fantastic memories of days spent at Big Bear, playing in the snow, sitting in a cafe drinking hot chocolate or coffee, window shopping, icecream, a meal in one of the great little restaurants, a wine or two.
One of the best weekends I spent there was when Liz and I went for what we thought was going to be a Friday day trip. Unfortunately the weather changed and we were snowed in until Sunday. We had so much fun that weekend. Shopping, playing in the snow, walking, eating, one of the things Liz and l ALWAYS do well. We went to a great little restaurant for a meal and after one too many white wines, decided we should ring Vlad back in Australia. It didn't matter that it was 3 in the morning in South Australia. Poor Vlad, he woke to hear us singing to him, and it wasn't a lullaby he will tell you! We had so much fun that weekend, we decided to do it all over again, the next time I visited, but this time, we were prepared, there was no need to run by the supermarket for t-shirts to sleep in, toothbrushes, toothpaste etc. this time, as our motto after that weekend, ALWAYS BE PREPARED - and - no calling Vlad at 3 a.m. in the morning no matter how much fun we are having without him!
Vlad and I, with Lizzie, have done many day trips to Big Bear over the years, it's always on our must visit list when we visit "our family" in California.
This is a photo of Big Bear Lake, all frozen over, it was so beautiful, but so cold. How I wish I was there right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest