My Blogger Translator

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday - A Day Of Rest

A brand new day - Sunday - I love Sunday

How good it is to wake to the sounds of nature instead of the sounds of a busy street. I woke this morning to the sound of the latest visitor to our garden - a baby magpie! He/She was obviously letting his/her Mum know - hey I'm hungry where is my breakfast? For the past 2-3 weeks, we've had a family of magpies spend hours teaching this baby to forage for food in and around our garden. Mum and Dad Magpie, not to mention all the Aunts and Uncles of the young one, seem to know our cat, Mollie, is far too well fed for them to worry about. Let's hope it stays that way!

As is usual in our house on the weekends, Vlad brews a pot of coffee. He makes the most fantastic coffee, as much as I try, I never seem to be able to replicate it. The smell of freshly brewed coffee is one of the great aromas of life I think, and to wake to it, is just bliss. What more could I ask for, the beginnings of a new day and coffee!

So what do I have planned for the day ahead?
This morning, after breakfast, I'm going to make a batch of Cinnamon Crumble Muffins, a favorite in our house. Hopefully later today, I'll get some time for my latest passion, Digital Scrapbooking. I'm new to DS and new to the tool needed to accomplish the layouts, PSCS3. It's fascinating though to see all the elements come together, then sit back and think, WOW, did I do that? It's so easy to lose myself for hours, add this, take that, create small works of art - if only I could spend ALL my time - there are so many other distractions and things still needing to be done though.

I want to try and mould some tortillas into fluted shells some time today too. Most recipes call for deep frying the tortilla and then placing it in the mould while hot, but I'm going to try and dry roast the tortilla in the oven. I'm not sure how they will turn out using this method, it will probably be a trial and error kind of thing, but nothing is ever wasted in this house, what with 2 dogs and my PoP, sometimes it can get ugly and I'm not talking about the dogs either! Tonight's dinner will be Taco Salad in fluted tortilla shells or not! I'll share a photo of my efforts with you, if they turn out, I've got my fingers crossed.

Vlad is on annual leave this next week, so I'm not sure how many hours I will get to "play" as he has so much planned for "us". It will be a nice change, well for the next week anyway......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest